Print or save this page as a PDF for reference.
The grants application deadline has been extended to December 31, 2020, to allow organizations more time to plan around COVID-19. Please note that FY 2021 grants funding is very limited. FY 2020 grantees who had their events canceled due to Covid-19 will be prioritized in funding in FY 2021, but may receive less than the original grant.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31
A. If you are not logged in already, log in or create a new account.
B. Complete online application in the following pages. If information is not applicable, indicate N/A.
C. While logged in, upload the following digital documents:
1. A letter from applicant detailing:
- Why financial assistance is needed and reason why a grant should be given. This should include details of all costs associated with the event or training. If any costs are to be paid by others or waived, please state in detail with dollar amounts. This letter should also include detailed information if you are requesting that the Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation and/or its board members help provide volunteers and/or coordination for your event.
- The event's history for the last 3 years. Include the following: Past articles and media opportunities, community outreach and impact on the community (number of people affected), details of how ODKF was (or will be) represented by the organization and event. If you are a past recipient, please attach pictures and a narrative of how ODKF was represented at your event.
- How this event compares to other similar local and national competitions?
- The purpose of the organization, when the organization was founded, the directors of the organization, as well as the athletic history of the organization for a minimum of the last four years.
2. A clean scan of pages 1 and 2 of the team's latest Federal Income Tax Return (no attachments needed). If the team is a non-profit or does not file a tax return, a copy of the team's financial statement should be submitted. All financial information is kept confidential.
3. Recent event high resolution photograph(s) for publicity purposes.
Before beginning this application, please understand that you will need to have the documents listed above in digital format (PDF) ready to submit with the application.