General Scholarship Application Form
Ambassador of Aloha Scholarship
Please read this page entirely before continuing!!!
It may be helpful to print this page now for future reference.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 24
QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com.
WHO MAY APPLY: High school seniors or undergraduates already enrolled in college.
WHAT IS THE AWARD: Multiple one-time scholarships ranging from $1,000 - $10,000 are awarded each year.
Applicants must be:
- A Hawaii Resident.
- A U.S. Citizen.
- Participating in one or more of “Duke’s Sports” with a record of accomplishments and an intent to compete in college. Duke’s Sports include canoeing, swimming, diving, surfing, water polo, sailing, kayaking and volleyball.
- In financial need.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Actively demonstrating the aloha spirit through leadership and community involvement.
- Intending to enroll full-time in an accredited college.
- Willing to stay connected to the foundation, volunteering, attending events and giving back when able.
SCHOLARSHIP RESTRICTIONS: Scholarship money will be sent directly to colleges and must be used for tuition, fees and/or required course books during full-time enrollment.
COLLEGE RESTRICTIONS: Division II and III returning athletes should consult with their school’s compliance officer to see if receipt of ODKF funds (scholarships partially based on athletic ability) could impact eligibility.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: All applicants will be notified of decisions via email in late January.
Personal statement of 200 words or less which answers these Questions:
a.) Tell us how you envision your career in 10-15 years. What life experience(s) leads you toward this career goal?
b.) Choose a meaningful community service project that you participated in or helped organize recently (within the past year), and explain how your participation impacted you and how it has influenced your career/life goal.
c.) Share a recent challenging event in your life and how you overcame it and have grown from the experience.
d.) Returning Students: Please list by academic year (Freshmen through Senior years), the extra-curricular activities, sports, clubs, community service projects, etc., that you have participated in and what role (if any) you took part in making the event successful. This list will help validate your qualification for the criteria-specific funds you apply for.
- Transcript of grades. An official transcript of grades for all high school (and college if applicable) work completed. Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0. Schools may alternately send transcripts directly to the Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 160924, Honolulu, HI 96816.
- Two letters of personal reference. Comments on your character, activities, achievements or potential should be included. Recommenders should sign the letter and include their contact information.
- Applicant’s athletic resume for the last three years. Include the following: List of events competed in as an individual or with a team, results of all competitions, time and place of finish. List of any records, achievements or special awards received.
- A recent digital color headshot photo of you individually for publicity purposes. Photo should be head and shoulders only, a yearbook photo or similar, in the highest resolution available.
- A recent digital action-shot photo of you competing in one of Duke’s Sports. This photo is requested but not required.
- Page 1 and 2 of your parent(s)’ most recent federal tax return. PLEASE BLACK OUT ALL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS BEFORE UPLOAD!
IT IS HIGHLY RECCOMENDED TO PREPARE THESE DIGITAL DOCUMENTS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS ONLINE FORM!
You will also be asked in the online form to complete these brief essay questions:
- What are your principle extracurricular activities outside of sports? (100 words or less)
- Please prepare a brief bio about yourself which may be reprinted in collateral materials by the foundation. (100 words or less)
SUMMARY OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- COMPLETING THIS ONLINE FORM WHICH WILL INCLUDE CREATING A PROFILE ON THE ODKF DATABASE
- LOGGING INTO THE DATABASE AFTER THE FORM
- UPLOADING THE ABOVE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE DATABASE PROFILE
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CANNOT SAVE THIS FORM ONCE YOU START IT.
YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE IT AT ONE TIME OR REWRITE AN ENTIRELY NEW FORM.
DO NOT CLICK BACK!
Click SUBMIT to continue to the form.