Print or save this page as a PDF for reference.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15
A. Login or create new ODKF account.
B. Complete the following online application. If you have applied before through the same account, contact information will be automatically populated. If information is not applicable, indicate N/A.
C. Upload following documents in a digital format (such as PDF, JPG, etc.) to your ODKF account:
1. A letter from applicant to include in detail:
- Explanation of why financial assistance is needed and reason why a grant should be given. This should include details of all costs associated with the event or training. If any costs are to be paid by others or waived, please state in detail with dollar amounts.
- A statement detailing the purpose of the organization, when organization was founded, the directors of the organization, as well as the athletic history of the organization for a minimum of the last four years.
- How team is rated among local and national competitors associated with this event: Never attended? Competed in trials or other required preliminary competition? Participated in past events? When? Applicant's place(s)?, time(s)?
- Indicate the history of the team for this particular event. Has organization sent a team to this event before? when? place(s)?, time(s)? How does this team compare to previous teams? The competition?
- What are the personal athletic backgrounds of each team member? Is this an all-star team? If so, where did each team member train and compete?
2. A clean scan of pages 1 and 2 of the team's latest Federal Income Tax Return (no attachments needed). If the team is a non-profit or does not file a tax return, a copy of the team's financial statement should be submitted. All financial information is kept confidential.
3. Team's athletic resume for the last three years. Include the following:
- List of events competed in
- Results of all competitions, time, place of finish
- List of any records, achievements or special awards received
- Description of training program, past and present
4. A letter or letters from coach(es), athletic director(s), sports association(s), etc. Verifying applicant's sports participation and ability to compete in the event.
5. A recent team photograph for publicity purposes with the highest resolution possible.
After the online application is complete, if you have trouble uploading, or would prefer to submit paper, you may alternately mail these documents to:
Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation
PO Box 160924
Honolulu, HI 96816
ONCE YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE ONLINE FORM, THE INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SAVED IF YOU PRESS BACK OR LEAVE THE PAGE. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SUBMIT THE ENTIRE ONLINE APPLICATION AT ONE TIME.